I was told people have a problem with my father and would never give me films
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 9, 2023)

He’s previously talked about how 14 of his films were shelved and he was dropped from several big projects. The bullying that he’s been at the receiving end of, actor Adhyayan Suman surmises, might be “revenge that people are taking from my father, (actor) Shekhar Suman”.

Adhyayan elaborates: “I did not get a lot of films because of a show that my father did, called Movers & Shakers. There were no personal attacks. He just did his job and it was just a show. Though he was given a script for every episode, some got offended because of what he said — and thought, 'Iska badla iske bete se lenge'.”

The 35-year-old recounts being told, “‘Many people have a problem with your father, and they will never give you films’,” divulging that recently, he was dropped from a project at the last minute. “I was approached to play the antagonist in a project with a massive star as the lead. Everything had been discussed and I was expecting a call to discuss clauses for my contract. But suddenly, [the makers] backed out,” Adhyayan recalls, adding that the loss of work is not only crushing for him as an artiste, but also heartbreaking for those close to him.

On what has deterred the Heartless (2014) actor from speaking his mind more often, he says, “Unless and until you are extremely successful like (actor) Priyanka Chopra Jonas, speaking the truth does not make sense. People would say things like, 'Uska toh career pehle hi barbaad hai, uska career kaun sabotage karega?'” he signs off.