I moved on: PeeCee shares why she spoke about being ‘cornered’ in Bollywood
BOMBAY TIMES (April 5, 2023)

Priyanka Chopra Jonas on Monday said she decided to open up about her experience of being “cornered” in the Hindi film industry as she was “confident enough” to talk about that phase of her life now.

When asked why she now chose to speak about the reasons that pushed her to relocate to the US during a podcast after so many years, she said, “First of all, when I was on the podcast, I was asked about the journey of my life, and I spoke about when I was young, I was 10, 15, 22, 30, 40-year-old. I was talking about the truth of my journey. Now, I was confident enough to talk about that phase of my life. Now where I am, I was okay enough to kind of articulate what I felt. I think I had a very tumultuous relationship with what occurred, then, I forgave. I moved on a long time ago, and I made my peace with it. I think that’s why it was easy for me to talk about it in an open manner, in a safe space.”

Last month, Priyanka revealed she decided to pursue a Hollywood career after spending almost two decades in Indian cinema as had “beef with people”. The Barfi actress, who made her Hollywood debut with the series Quantico, also starred in Baywatch (2017) and The Matrix: Resurrections (2021). Priyanka said that after spending over two decades in the entertainment industry, she now collaborates with people she admires.

“For me, what would be non-negotiable now... it’s actually really true. I can’t work with people I don’t like anymore. I have to admire, look up to, like the people I am surrounded with. I have been doing this for a very long time. I want to be excited about going to work, I want to be inspired about going to work, and that has become non-negotiable for me,” she shared.

She further added, “When I meet the people I am going to work with, I take notes in my little pads. But that truly is something that, as I have evolved, has become important to me.”
-----------------------------------
HINDUSTAN TIMES (April 5, 2023)

Actor Priyanka Chopra Jonas spoke about her experience of feeling “cornered” in the Hindi film industry and moving to Hollywood on actor-filmmaker Dax Shepard’s podcast recently. Speaking at a press conference in Mumbai on Monday, she said that she felt “confident enough” to talk about that phase of her life now.

“When I was on the podcast, I was asked about the journey of my life. So, I spoke the truth. I was confident enough to talk about that phase of my life now.”

The 40-year-old added that she is “okay to articulate” what she felt and the “tumultuous relationship” with her past experiences in the film industry. “I forgave, moved on a long time ago and then I made my peace with it. I think that’s why it was easy for me to talk about it in an open manner in a safe space,” said Jonas.

In the podcast, she said, “I was being pushed into a corner in the (Hindi film) industry. I had people not casting me for reasons. I had beef with people. I am not good at playing that game so I kind of was tired of the politics and I said I needed a break”.

The National Film Award-winning actor embarked on a new journey of her career with American drama series Quantico in 2015. She made her Hollywood debut with Baywatch in 2017.