I am not sad or out of work, says Scam 1992 actor Hemant Kher
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 18, 2023)

Scam 1992 (2020) actor Hemant Kher put up a “humble request” on Thursday to filmmakers to consider him for projects. “I am full of zeal and enthusiasm to explore as an actor (sic),” he tweeted. Kher, however, laments that his tweet was misconstrued as a sign of lack of work. “I want to increase my flow of work. Aisa bilkul nahin hai ki mere paas kaam zero hai. That was misinterpreted,” Kher says.

The actor adds that he never shies away from reaching out to directors and casting agents for work. However, this time, he wished to go an extra mile. After wrapping up most of his projects in March, he thought it through before putting up a tweet. “As actors, that’s our job. We keep looking for work. My motive was simple: I wanted to reach out to as many people as I could. I am not sad or out of work,” Kher explains.

With over 20 years of experience, the National School of Drama alum shares that patience is the virtue for an actor. “In an actor’s life, there comes a time when you don’t have much work. But one should keep trying. I thought that people may think that I’m out of work [before tweeting], but usmein kya sharam? You need to be polite and egoless. There’s no shame in asking for work,” he ends.