‘SAARE FESTIVALS EK TARAF AUR HOLI EK TARAF’
In a special shoot with HT City for the festival of colours, Shweta Tripathi Sharma walks down memory lane as she recalls going the ‘junglee’ way for Holi in her home-town Delhi
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 8, 2023)

The festival of Holi is here, and actor Shweta Tripathi Sharma can’t keep calm. Calling it her “favourite festival”, the actor says she prefers celebrating the festival of colours in a traditional way.

“Holi is my favourite festival. Saare festivals ek taraf aur Holi ek taraf. This is one [occasion] jahan masti and maza hota hai. We can go junglee in the most civil way. Playing Holi in Delhi was all about bonding with my colony friends,” says Sharma.

“I have observed that many kids nowadays don’t have colony friends, and I don’t blame them. But, I have such fond memories of playing Holi with my colony friends,” shares Sharma.

Walking down the lanes of Bengali Market and Khan Market in Delhi to shop for the festival makes the Mirzapur actor nostalgic about her growing up years in the city.

With excitement, the 37-year-old recalls, “We loved shopping for Holi from Khan Market and Bengali Market, and eating chole kulche in Chandni Chowk.”

This year, the actor is celebrating Holi in Goa with her husband-rapper Chaitnya Sharma, aka Slow Cheeta.

Talking of her Holi wishlist, the actor shares, “I can imagine how Holi will be celebrated with fervour in the temple town of Vrindavan. I wish to go and experience it one day. Also, I wish to play Holi on screen, just Iike what we saw in the song Balam Pichkari (Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, 2013). It would be really fun.”


‘SAARE FESTIVALS EK TARAF AUR HOLI EK TARAF’