‘VICKY
AND I LOVE
TO CELEBRATE
HOLI’
Kavita Awasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 6, 2023)

Be it Makar Sankranti, Halloween, Diwali or Holi, actor Ankita Lokhande loves to celebrate every festival. She indulges in merrymaking not just with her family, but friends too.

“Vicky (Jain; businessman, her husband) and I are planning a big bash on Holi tomorrow. Like our last year’s Holi party, Anky ki raas leela, we will be calling friends and family for some dhamaal. Vicky and I both love to celebrate Holi and we love the festival. We will celebrate with people who love Holi. Aur jinko Holi pasand nahin hai, unko bhi bula kar unke saath Holi khelenge. Wahi mazaa hai is festival ka. I am super excited,” she tells us.

Last year was her first Holi after her wedding. “We called people over as it was our first as a married couple. And this year, humein phir sabke saath Holi manani hai. Pandemic mein, I remember, I celebrated Holi in my house with pichkaris. Everything was wet and colourful once we were done,” the Baaghi 3 (2020) actor laughs.

In Maharashtra, Holi will be celebrated on March 7, while other states will play Holi on March 8. Lokhande, too, was confused about the day. But ultimately, she went by the Maharashtrian calendar and planned the bash on March 7 (tomorrow). “Some people are playing on March 7 and some on March 8, but we locked March 7,” she shares.

Talking about throwing parties for festivals and special days, the actor says, “For me, life is all about celebrating every occasion. That’s my funda in life. Main chahoon bhi toh chote functions nahin ho paate. I know so many people and I am so connected to my friends that I can’t miss inviting even one of them.”