Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; March 25, 2023)

Vatsal Sheth and Ishita Dutta Sheth are all set to become parents. Just like their low-key wedding at Iskcon Temple in Mumbai in November 2017, the news of the pregnancy was known only to a few family members and close friends initially. The couple recently shared the news on social media. 

Talking about this new phase in their lives, Ishita says, “We are very excited and not exactly prepared, but we are looking forward to it. Every day is a new day. The body is going through a different experience.”

Vatsal adds, “We have been married for five years, but we hadn’t made a conscious decision to have children only after we are settled in our careers. Just like marriage is a milestone, having a child is another milestone. Work keeps happening and you continue to work hard, but welcoming our baby will definitely be the beginning of a beautiful new chapter in our lives.”

Sharing how Ishita broke the news to Vatsal, she says, “I got to know about it in the morning and was waiting for Vatsal to come home. Initially, I wanted to plan something big and share the good news with him, but then I could not wait and told him as soon as he got home.”

Ishita, who is in her second trimester, shared that the baby is due in a few months and she is happy to see her husband fussing over her. “Vatsal is very fit and he is watchful of what he eats and would not let me have a lot of mithai. But now he lets me eat anything I like. In fact, he fulfils my demands immediately. We will think of some baby names soon,” she shares.

The two actors, who have been busy working, were away from each other for a month. Vatsal has been shooting for a Gujarati film, while Ishita has been shooting for a Hindi movie. Vatsal says, “I have also shot for a web series and will be busy throughout the year.”

Ishita wants to continue working during her pregnancy. She says, “As long as the makers are okay with my pregnancy, I will continue to shoot. I want to continue working post pregnancy, too. Of course, when the baby arrives, a lot of things will change and life will take a new direction, but I would like to start working once we settle down after a few months. Vatsal and I love making reels, so yes, social media will also be another important thing to explore.”

Vatsal adds, “I think once the baby arrives, I will be a complete hands-on father and that’s when the feeling will sink in.”