Sunidhi performs at Wembley with half her troupe
Soumya Vajpayee (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 6, 2023)

Sunidhi Chauhan’s recent show at London’s iconic Wembley Arena left close to 5,000 music aficionados stunned and impressed — not just because of the power-packed performance by the singer, but also because she pulled off the show with half her crew present.

“Performing at Wembley has always been amazing. But my latest gig is the most memorable one. Half of my troupe didn’t get the visa. So, we were contemplating if we should go ahead with the show at all. The drummer and my backing vocalist weren’t there, so hitting the stage seemed impossible. We had prepared an amazing set and practiced it for over a month. I decided to not cancel the show as it’d have been unfair to all the people who’d bought the tickets. So, I went ahead, though I was really scared,” shares Chauhan, who performed a 2.5-hour set.

The singer belted out some of her iconic tracks including Saami Saami (Pushpa: The Rise, 2021) and Sheila Ki Jawani (Tees Maar Khan, 2010). “We started off well and after a few songs, I realised that people were not missing anything at all, despite me mentioning at the beginning of the show that it’s not the same set that we were supposed to perform. The turnout was amazing and it was heartening to see everyone, including the security personnel, groove throughout the show,” Chauhan ends.