Debarati S Sen (BOMBAY TIMES; March 5, 2023)

Very few television actors have made a successful transition from the small screen to Bollywood. It’s tough, but if you try, it’s not impossible and the experience helps, says Prachee Shah Paandya. The actress, who began her career with TV and acted in shows like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Ek Shringaar Swabhiman, is busy with films today and has had a few recent releases including OTT films.

Prachee says, “Once you are a TV face, it is tough to get into Bollywood. The industry tends to put you in a certain bracket. However, you have to be determined and keep at it.”

She says there are advantages to starting your career as a TV actor. “It’s a great training ground. After being a part of daily soaps, the experience you gather is immense and that helps in every other medium,” says Prachee, who has acted in around 15 films including Student Of The Year, ABCD 2, Mulk and Laxmii among others.

She has a special attachment to the small screen and adds, “Television is my birthplace, it has given me my identity, so of course there is a sense of belonging. I would love to do a TV show if I get something interesting.”

Along with acting, Prachee has continued her career in dance, too. Her passion has taken her to several national and international stages. “Dance has been my first love and I started dancing when I was five-years-old. I feel it is like a power connecting me with God. I feel blessed with all the opportunities I get,” says Prachee, who recently performed solo at the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival and opened the prestigious Khajuraho Dance Festival in Madhya Pradesh.