It doesn’t put fear in me: Sushmita Sen on heart attack, 95% blockage
HINDUSTAN TIMES (March 5, 2023)

After disclosing that she had recently suffered a heart attack, actor Sushmita Sen went live on Instagram, on Saturday. She spoke about what happened and shunned speculations that the gym impacted her health.

“I survived a very big heart attack. I know a lot of you will stop going to the gym and say, ‘It did not help her’... It did help me. It was massive, with a 95% blockage in the main artery. I survived because I have kept an active lifestyle,” said the actor during the live session, adding, “I believe that for what it’s worth, it was a phase and it passed. I am very lucky to be on the other side. It doesn’t put fear in me, instead I now have a feeling of promise to look forward to something.”

The actor urged fans to be better informed about health. “A lot of young people are not surviving heart attacks, so it is very important to keep checking yourself. Women need to understand that heart attacks [are] not a man thing. Also, it is nothing to be afraid of, but it is important to be vigilant. When you get a new lease of life, you respect it,” the 47-year-old added.

During the 14-minute live, Sen thanked her family, doctor, and makers of Aarya, as she got the attack, while shooting for the latest season. “My only request was that nobody should know that I was admitted and was undergoing surgery. The hospital, doctors and their team all honoured my privacy till I was discharged,” Sen wrapped up.