Tunisha Sharma death: Police to produce accused Sheezan Khan in court

Sheezan Khan, who was arrested in the Tunisha Sharma death case, was granted bail after 70 days on Saturday
Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; March 6, 2023)

When Sheezan Khan walked out of the Thane Central Jail on Saturday, 70 days after he was arrested for abetment to suicide in the Tunisha Sharma death case, his mother and sisters were eagerly waiting for him to return home. They hugged and cried as the family reunited after over two months.

Speaking exclusively to Bombay Times, Sheezan said, “Today, I understand the true meaning of freedom and I can feel it. I was in tears the moment I saw my mother and sisters and I am so happy to be back with them.”

Sheezan said, “Finally, I am with my family! It’s an overwhelming feeling. All I want to do for a few days is lie in my mother’s lap, eat food cooked by her and spend time with my sisters and brother.”

Sheezan was arrested on December 25, a day after his Ali Baba Dastaan-e-Kabul co-actor Tunisha died of suicide on the sets of the show. The two were said to be in a relationship and had apparently split just 15 days before her death.

When asked about Tunisha, Sheezan said, “I miss her and if she was alive, she would have fought for me.”

Sheezan’s sister, actress Falaq Naaz, said, “We are happy that he is back. We will need some time to process this. Sheezan is finally out, and we are grateful to everyone who stood by us.”

Their lawyer, Shailendra Mishra, added, “It’s nice to see the family together after more than two months. Our case regarding the quashing of the FIR against Sheezan is scheduled to come up for hearing in the High Court on March 9.”