‘Last year has been like a bookmark in my life’
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 15, 2023)

For Nimrat Kaur, birthdays are all about spending quality time with family, and this year was no different. The actor, who turned 41 on March 13, rang in her birthday with her loved ones in Delhi. “It was all the more special because after Covid-19, this was the first time that my maasi and mama came down from Canada. I had not seen them in three-four years. It was a family reunion of sorts,” shares Kaur.

Reflecting on the year that went by, the Dasvi (2022) actor feels it was like a “life marker” as “a lot of exciting and new things happened” on both the personal and professional fronts. “I changed my house. Moving to a new place was a major step. Moreover, I bought myself a new car, which had been a dream for a while. Professionally, too, last year has been really interesting as it’s been my busiest yet. I worked in four different projects. So, it’s been like a bookmark in my life,” says the actor, who shot for Happy Teacher’s Day, which is scheduled to release this year, among other unannounced projects.

Birthdays are a time for self-reflection. On that front, Kaur feels she has become “free and fearless” over the years. “I can sense that I am becoming more free and more forgiving of myself. [But] I haven’t perfected that yet. I do know I’m in a place where I judge myself less. I’m willing to take bigger risks in life. I’ve learned to prioritise my time,” she shares.

On the one advice that she would give to her younger self, the actor says, “That little girl should know that she’ll never really have everything figured out. She’s always going to keep learning. Perfection is nothing. It’s all about the journey.”