Sudhaa Chandran and Urvashi Dholakia to return to TV with Ekta Kapoor’s fantasy fiction drama ‘Naagin 6’

Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; February 7, 2023)

Urvashi Dholakia is looking forward to packing a punch as Devi Singh Shekhawat, a lawyer in Pushpa Impossible. But what’s even more interesting about her latest outing is that she will be seen as a positive character after a gap of almost 20 years.

She said, “I was quite shocked when J D Majethia (the producer of the show) approached me for the part. I am glad that those associated with the show put behind their inhibitions when it came to me. It’s not a matter of breaking the image, but bringing out the best in an actor. All this while, you have loved to hate me, but I am very sure that this time around, you will love to love me.”

While many may feel restricted when playing the same shade for many years in a row, Urvashi, who has been part of popular TV shows like Kasautii Zindagi Kay, Naagin and others, has enjoyed every bit of her journey so far.

Talking about breaking free from the typecast mentality, she shared, “I have to keep doing what I feel good about, be it positive or negative. Of course, I would request the industry to change its perception. Why is it that a protagonist can play a negative character, but an antagonist is not easily accepted in a positive role?”

She also welcomes the evolution of the protagonist – from submissive to strong – on TV shows. She said, “That’s the reason why I have taken up Pushpa Impossible. It’s a progressive show that talks about the importance of education and the empowerment of women.”