PC: ANI/Instagram

Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; February 13, 2023)

After filing a case of domestic violence and cheating against her husband, Adil Khan Durrani, with the Oshiwara police on February 6, Rakhi Sawant has now levelled new allegations against him. She says he shot her nude videos and may have even sold them. Here’s looking at all the drama that has unfolded over the past week...

WHAT THE FIR SAYS
The Oshiwara police registered an FIR against Adil under Sections 377, 498A and 406 of the IPC. In the FIR, Rakhi has accused him of domestic violence, cheating and stealing her jewellery and cash. Senior Police Inspector Manohar Dhanawade said, “Whether the allegations are true or not, we will find out soon.”

DRAMA OR TRAGEDY?
While many call the actress a drama queen, who often does things for publicity, Rakhi says, “My life is full of tragedy. How can people call it drama? I am depressed and not keeping well. I want justice.”

Talking about her case, she says, “I got married to Adil on May 29, 2022, but the marriage did not turn out the way I wanted it to. He used to beat me and he has taken away my money amounting to Rs. 1.5 crore. I have submitted my bank statements to the police.”

RAKHI’S ACCUSATIONS
It’s not part of the FIR, but Rakhi now says Adil shot nude videos of her on their honeymoon and later threatened her that if she went to the police or told anyone about it, he would make the videos public. “He used to tell me that he enjoyed taking nude videos, and hence he shot mine. I kept quiet then. But I have had enough now. I don’t know what he has done with the videos, he may have sold them. Adil has also cheated on me; he has had an affair with someone. Recently I also got to know that he was previously married and divorced; he had never told me that,” alleges Rakhi.

WHY WERE THEY ALL LOVEY DOVEY IF THEY HAD PROBLEMS?
Rakhi’s mother passed away on January 29. At the time, Adil was spotted with her throughout. He was also seen standing by her side when she had to appear at Amboli police station in the Sherlyn Chopra case (Sherlyn accused her of leaking inappropriate photos and videos of her online) on January 19. So what changed in just a few days, we ask.

Rakhi says, “There were problems between us, but Adil was acting in front of the paparazzi and trying to show that he was very supportive.”

‘DO YOU FEEL RAKHI SAWANT IS SO WEAK THAT ANY GUY CAN BEAT HER?’
Refuting Rakhi’s charges, Neeraj Gupta, Adil Khan Durrani’s lawyer, says, “All this is pre-planned. The allegations are all baseless. Do you feel Rakhi Sawant is so weak that any guy can beat her and she will take it all without a word? Adil comes from a good family background and does not need to take money from her or shoot her videos. Rakhi had got money from her earlier husband, Ritesh, when they separated, and now she is doing this with Adil. I have submitted all proofs in court, including his bank statements.”