Exclusive! THIS is Tina Datta's take on finding love in the Bigg Boss 16 house!

Akash Wadhwa (BOMBAY TIMES; February 27, 2023)

Out of the Bigg Boss 16 house and enjoying her return to ‘normal’ life, Tina Datta, who was linked with actor and housemate Shalin Bhanot, says she is done with finding love for a while now. “Mujhe maaf karo yaar, abhi mujhe koi nahi chahiye life mein (laughs). I just want to work now. I want to get married and have kids, but I have gone through so much trauma on Bigg Boss that I want to wait to find love. There has to be someone out there who will shower me with all the respect and love that I deserve,” she tells us.

So, does she regret being linked to Shalin on the show? “I absolutely repent being linked to Shalin in Bigg Boss. Had I not met him or been friends with him on the show, my journey would have been so different and nice. Shalin raised a finger at my character; he was so aggressive that he tried to hit me once, but when I tried to bring out his real image to the public, it backfired on me. He is probably a better actor than human being. I always thought that no one could put up an act on a reality show like Bigg Boss for so long, but Shalin has proved me wrong. He has acted for so many months. Hats off to him!”

Telling us about her stay inside the house, she adds, “It was a rocky ride. I never thought that I could be a part of a show like Bigg Boss, and so I was scared and skeptical when I said yes.”

Tina adds, “The kind of situations I faced inside the house, I wasn’t even sure if I would be able to keep up or survive for so long. But eventually, I used to tell myself that I am a survivor. I survived the loss of my baby (her pet) when I was inside the house, I survived two broken ankles, all the weekend ke vaars, and a broken tooth. It is unbelievable!”

Towards the end, Tina was fired by Farah Khan, who hosted the show on a weekend, for her behaviour towards Shalin. “When I came out, I realized I was trending online, and it was amazing. But facing backlash inside the house didn’t allow me to play the game properly. When I became friends with Priyanka Choudhary, we were told by Farah ma’am that we are mean and the most hated girls on the show. I was in a state of trauma inside the Bigg Boss house,” she shares.