I have a lot of potential that is still not explored, says Kirti Kulhari
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 6, 2023)

Kirti Kulhari has always managed to impress audiences with her choice of scripts and strong characters that she portrays on screen. However, the actor admits she is not “entirely satisfied” as an artiste yet. 

The reason? “I want a lot more. I have a lot of potential that is still not explored,” says Kulhari, adding, “My understanding of cinema and filmmaking is increasing day by day and I need to find people and scripts that can match my growth. So, am I getting the kind of scripts I really feel like doing? Not much. And that’s precisely the reason why I don’t do too much work either.”

The actor, who has played pivotal parts in films such as Mission Mangal (2019), Shaadisthan, The Girl on the Train (both 2021), etc. believes in doing one thing at a time and not burdening herself. “I am trying to find stuff that stimulates me. But now, being a producer, I am able to create that stuff for myself. I am not just restricting myself to acting. I’m also looking for scripts I really want to work on. I am able to contribute a lot more to what I feel my artistic requirements are,” says the actor, who launched her production house in January 2022 and will star in its first dark comedy thriller, Nayeka.

Last seen in Four More Shots Please! season 3 in 2022, Kulhari admits working on the show gave her career as well as her personal life a push: “It alleviated my positioning in the industry and people’s perception of me; I was never known to be a glam girl. People considered me a good actor, but the show gave me so much variation. Personally, too, it made me more comfortable about my body and increased my confidence to do intimate scenes on screen.”