Charu Asopa and Rajeev Sen are heading for a separation?


Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; January 28, 2023)

Charu Asopa and estranged husband Rajeev Sen have been in the news ever since the latter posted a picture of them together along with their daughter Ziana from a relative’s wedding in Kolkata on social media. The two were also seen dancing to Pehla Pehla Pyar (Hum Aapke Hain Koun) at the function, which left people wondering whether they have reconciled.

However, Charu asserts that they are not getting back together. The actress adds that the divorce proceedings are going on. She says, “We haven’t revoked our decision of separation. We are through with the counselling and are on a six-month cooling-off period till June.”

She appreciates the fact that Rajeev is spending quality time with Ziana. Charu says, “I am glad that we have become cordial. He is trying his best.”

The actress’s dance performance with her husband at the marriage raised eyebrows, with netizens saying that their marriage had become a joke because they keep fighting, separating, and getting back together. She shares, “A lot of people say inka drama phir shuru ho gaya hai, logon ko bewakoof bana rahe hain. But I know what I have to do. Baba (Rajeev’s father) ne itne pyaar se bola ki achha lagega agar Ziana bhi aayegi toh that I had to fulfil his wish and attend the wedding. My father-in-law is a gem of a person. I will always be in touch with him. Woh Ziana and meri family toh hamesha hi rahegi.”

Talking about the performance, she says, “We did it for Kaki (the groom’s mother). She asked me if I had any qualms about dancing with Rajeev and I said I had none. Everyone anticipated it to get awkward, but they were happy to see us. Mahaul achha tha shaadi ka sab khush the. Ziana is growing up and I don’t want Rajeev and my differences to make things awkward for her. I don’t want her to ever wonder whether I will feel bad if she wants to meet her father or his family. So, I don’t care about what people have to say.”

Refusing to talk about the status of their divorce, Rajeev says, “What people think does not bother me. Yes, both Charu and I are maintaining a cordial relationship for Ziana and making sure that she gets both mommy and daddy’s love that she truly deserves.”