Losing life partner is life-changing, says Mandira Bedi

Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 23, 2023)

Actor-host Mandira Bedi has returned to work with a cricket-themed reality show. Bedi, who lost her husband, filmmaker Raj Kaushal in 2021, says she has spent the last two years focusing on finding strength. Now, she wants to find happiness from within and through the work she does.

“For me, 2023 looks very promising, starting with a reality show and some other incredible events lined up. I am also reading some scripts, and I hope to say yes to doing some work in fiction,” says Bedi. 

Opening up about starting the year with a reality show, the 50-year-old says, “The reality show, stemming from our national passion, will feature both men and women. A show like this has not been made before. It’s different from the live telecast that I have, which is the reason I am excited and really looking forward to being a part of it.”

Her focus is not just on her professional life but also on gaining more strength and happiness in her personal sphere as well. “My life has changed. In the last two years, I have had no choice but to become stronger. I was a strong person, and I am a stronger person now,” she says, adding. “Losing somebody very close to you, your life partner, is a life-changing experience. You can either sink or swim after something like that, and I choose to swim. I have no choice. I have two young children, and I have a family to take care of.”

Bedi goes on, “Last year, I had a lot to deal with, and I had to be strong. This year, I am not going to focus on anything to become happier. I’m just going to try and find that happiness from within. That’s how I want to live my life, and I want to continue my journey.”

Losing life partner is life-changing, says Mandira Bedi