Jhanak Shukla

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; January 11, 2023)

Child star Jhanak Shukla, who is also the daughter of actress Supriya Shukla, got engaged on January 7. Jhanak has been part of TV shows like Karishma Ka Karishma, Son Pari and films like Kal Ho Naa Ho. She shared her engagement news on her Instagram handle and wrote, “It’s official now.”

The young actress is on cloud nine and when we called her, she said, “My fiancé Swapnil (Suryawanshi) and I started dating four years ago. I was studying in Pune. He was also studying engineering there. We lived in the same area and got to know each other. After four years, we just had our roka ceremony.”

Jhanak said that she was sure about finding a partner herself. She said, “In my family, everyone has had love marriages, including my parents. They used to tell me that I have to find the right person for myself. When I felt Swapnil was the one for me, I told my parents and he told his family.”

So, is marriage on cards this year? “No, we will tie the knot in 2024. I am going to Ireland for a year for my further studies, which is why we got engaged now,” says the 26-year-old.

Jhanak was last seen in the TV show Gumrah in 2012. When asked about acting, she said, “I didn’t quit acting intentionally, it happened on its own. I was a child artiste, but after a point my parents told me that I should also focus on my studies and pursue acting post graduation if I wanted to. So, I immersed myself in my studies and by the time I completed my graduation, I wasn’t interested in acting.”

She continued, “I was keen on studying further, so I pursued archeology. During the lockdown, I did my MBA and have now decided to go to Ireland for further studies. However, in the future if I am offered a really good character in a web show, I may take it up. I don’t want to stop myself from doing anything that interests me. But I don’t want to be a full-time actor.”