‘It will be chat mangni, pat byaah for us’
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 7, 2022)

Director Krishna Bhatt, daughter of filmmaker Vikram Bhatt, exchanged rings with her partner, entrepreneur Vedant Sarna, in an intimate ceremony in Mumbai, on Sunday. Krishna shares, “We did a tilak ceremony. I just wanted his ring on my finger, so we exchanged rings as well.”

Krishna, 27, admits that she pressured Vedant, 28, to “go down on one knee”. She adds, “A smile stuck on my face. I’m so happy to spend the rest of my life with my soulmate. It’s like I’m living my dream.”

The couple is likely to get married next year. “We are planning a summer wedding. We are yet to get the dates. It will be chat mangni, pat byaah for us,” Krishna quips.

Vedant, who hails from Nagpur (Maharashtra), was in the US and came to India in April, this year. It was love at first sight for both of them. Calling their love story “absolutely filmi”, Krishna shares, “We met through a friend six months ago and fell in love the day we met. We knew since then that we are soulmates. After one week [of meeting each other], we told our families. It’s like he came to Mumbai for me.”

On Monday, Vikram posted a series of pictures from his daughter’s engagement ceremony with a heartfelt note. Talking about it, Krishna shares, “Dad started crying the day before my engagement. He would always have teary eyes. He was like, ‘My baby is getting married’.”