From Abhishek Kapoor to Karan Kundrra, film and TV personalities mourn Tunisha Sharma's death

BOMBAY TIMES (December 26, 2022)

Tunisha was prone to depression and in an interview with Bombay Times in January 2021, she had spoken about this. She had said, “I have been working since a young age as I lost my father early on in life. There was a time when I lost my cousin sister and my grandmother too passed away. I was emotionally broken and that’s when I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression.”

Talking about the difficult phase around 2018, she had shared, “I remember when I just started medication, I had turned into a zombie. I hated going to work.”

Tunisha had told us in 2021, “Then later, social media also began to affect me; I replaced an actor in a show and started getting comments full of hatred. All of this took a toll on me.”

She even spoke about how one of her co-actors Kanwar Dhillon had helped her cope with the stress. Tunisha had said, “Kanwar is my best friend and has been there whenever I have needed him. He was the first person I spoke to about my depression while shooting for Internet Wala Love and he did not judge me. Anybody who stands by you during your worst should be valued.”

We spoke to Kanwar yesterday, who said that he was not in a position to say much. “I am shocked and the loss is personal so I am not able to speak much. We were family friends and this is a big tragedy. I will always be therefor her mother and family and do whatever I can to the best of my ability. I was at the hospital with Tunisha’s mother on Saturday and got a glimpse of her... her face is still in front of my eyes... I don’t think I will ever forget it.”