Tents replace vans on Shruti Haasan’s set

Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; December 29, 2022)

I t’s holiday season and with New Year’s Eve just around the corner, getting ‘what’s your plan’ questions are inevitable. At the airports, paps are stationed to capture celebs heading to exotic locations for a vacation. However, for those who travel extensively, staying at home is a luxury and a vacation in itself. Actress-singer Shruti Haasan, who lived out of a suitcase for the major part of the year due to her professional commitments, is looking forward to a quiet and relaxing New Year’s Eve at home with her boyfriend Santanu Hazarika and pet Clara.

The actress, who was recently in Athens working on her upcoming Hollywood film The Eye, has been shooting round the clock for her South movies — Salaar with Prabhas, NBK 107 with Nandamuri Balakrishna and Chiru 154 with Chiranjeevi. These last few days of 2022 are a welcome break for Shruti, who will gear up for backto-back releases next year.

Talking about her simple New Year plan, the actress told Bombay Times, “I have no mental pressure about where I need to travel for New Year’s. I have only been out of the country. I spent two months in Greece recently for the shoot of my English film. There is nothing more exciting than staying at home. I don’t have any FOMO (fear of missing out). This year has been busy and I’m very grateful to be working on some amazing projects. I’m looking forward to an easy New Year’s eve at home with Santanu and my pet Clara. New Year’s Eve is best enjoyed with your near and dear ones, and I’m really looking forward to spending it relaxing and chilling at home.”