I know what Samantha is going through: Pia on myositis scare
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 10, 2022)

When actor Samantha revealed her myositis diagnosis to the world on social media, she brought the rare autoimmune condition in the spotlight. And now, actor Pia Bajpiee has come forward to share her own health scare with myositis back in 2016, right before the release of her debut movie, Laal Rang.

“Even the thought of it is scary because there is no cure, just medicines to keep it in check. I don’t know Samantha’s case, but all my prayers are with her because I know what she must be going through,” the actor tells us.

Recalling the time when she was misdiagnosed with the condition, Bajpiee says, “Back in 2016, I was sitting idle when I noticed a swelling in my foot, which I ignored initially, thinking I twisted my ankle in the gym. But, the next day, there was swelling in my other foot as well. I had bad muscle pain, which was growing with time. I could not sit or stand without winching with pain.”

When she consulted a doctor and got some tests done. the results showed that she had myositis. “First, I didn’t understand what it was. When I read all the symptoms and other information online, I was really scared. I used to wake up every day fearing that another symptom would show up.”

However, when she went to AIIMS, Delhi, for a check-up, this was deemed a misdiagnosis. “I just cried my heart out in relief. Even if it was for a few days, I have gone through it. Those days were dreadful for me,’ she ends.