Ranveer Singh

Rachana Dubey (BOMBAY TIMES; November 8, 2022)

During our interactions with Ranveer Singh, he has always expressed how lucky he feels to be an actor, to work with industry stalwarts and live his dream. During a recent chat while talking about the kind of gratitude he feels for being a part of the industry for over a decade, the actor spoke about some instances that left him feeling surreal and emotional.

Ranveer shared, “There was this one time when I was shooting on Rohit Shetty’s set for Cirkus. I walked past the vanity vans to reach the set. While passing, I came across a van that had Johny Lever’s name on it. It struck me in that flash of a moment that I’m working with a legend. Johny Lever is an industry stalwart when it comes to comedy. I was about to perform a scene with Johny sir, whose comedy shows we’ve seen for years before he became an actor. It was among the first live comedy shows my father took me to watch when I was a kid at an auditorium in Juhu. Johny sir would bring out his trademark white handkerchief and wipe his sweat. It’d be hot on the stage and he’d still be dishing out one great humour piece after another. ”

The other extraordinary moment for Ranveer was when he shared screen space with veteran actor Dharmendra in Karan Johar’s upcoming directorial Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani. Ranveer said, “On the set, Karan was briefing us. Dharam ji was in the room and he was intently listening. And when I began to perform the scene with him in the frame, it was just him and me, and I realised what a moment it was! Who gets to do this? How did I even get here? Sometimes, I have to pinch myself to believe that it’s all happening to me. Working with these stalwarts is like living a dream.”