IF HUNTERRR HAD
MADE ₹100
CRORE, I WOULD
HAVE HAD A
BETTER CAREER

Gulshan Devaiah has learnt the art of not getting upset due to flops, rejections anymore
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 4, 2022)

Actor Gulshan Devaiah has spent 12 years in showbiz, and he admits that it has been “quite unbelievable”. “I feel like I was just a teenager, who dreamt of becoming an actor with movie posters in my room and hoping I would do something one day. I didn’t know anything about the business then and so far, in the process, I have learnt a lot of things about my craft. It is quite unbelievable,” Devaiah shares.

Looking back at his career, the 44-year-old feels, “I feel if Hunterrr (2015; his first commercial film as a lead actor) had made Rs. 100 crores, then yes, I could have had a better career. It was a successful film, but it was not an enormously successful one that set the box office on fire. I am realistic about that. That’s the reality and you learn from such things,” he elaborates.

Taking lows to the chin, the actor explains that he feels content, as he is appreciated for his work wherever he goes. “People are appreciative of my work. It has given me a brand value, and hence, I get work and respect. Things got much better after Hunterrr,” says the Duranga actor, as he goes on to talk about being disappointed and coping up when the film didn’t do well. “I have had those chats with myself that I cannot get upset over every other thing, including flops and rejections.”