Exchanged rings, but no plans to get married, says Delnaaz
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 14, 2022)

On Delnaaz Irani’s 50th birthday last month, her life took a new turn as her boyfriend, DJ Percy, 41, proposed to her. However, the musician asked the actor to grow old with him instead of getting married. Irani, who has been living together with her partner for some time, confesses that while marriage is not on the cards, they are looking forward to being together forever. “I am very superstitious. I have been to so many pandits and they suggest that the way we are right now is just perfect. That’s holding me back [from getting married]. This is more like a promise ring. It is a commitment for life. And we are like a married couple. It’s just a matter of a signature,” says the actor, who has featured in many TV shows and series, including Kabhi Kabhie Ittefaq Sey. She insists that “kabhi lagega toh we will sign the paper”.

She reveals that her birthday month was a bag full of surprises: “I was in London with my family. Initially, Percy didn’t get the visa, but a week later, he landed there. My family knew about it (the exchange of rings) in advance.”

Describing it a “cute filmi scene”, the actor shares, “After spending a week together, during one brunch, he asked me to make a reel together, something he doesn’t do usually. So, we made a reel using Neelam (Kothari Soni; actor) and (actor) Govinda’s iconic song, Main Se Mina Se Na Sakhi Se (Khudgarz; 1987) and he went down on his knees and pulled out a ring. I was taken aback!”