tamannaah bhatia

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; October 20, 2022)

Working across Indian film industries has kept Tamannaah Bhatia on her toes. From starring in prominent South films to playing plum roles in Hindi movies — the actress has been shuttling between multiple films industries for a while. She is far from complaining about the pace of her life and career, however, she shares that her parents are fed up about her tight work schedules and want her to get married and settled. 

“The thing is that, I work for like 26 hours a day! While I am talking to you, I am getting calls from my mother that are going unanswered as I am busy working. She is just fed up with my busy schedule.”

She further adds, “Like parents in most Indian households, my parents, too, want me to get married. But what do I do, I have no time for my personal life,” says the Babli Bouncer actress.

Having said that, she believes in love and marriage, and hopes she will get there someday. “I do believe in the institution of marriage, and I do want to get married and have kids. But for now, I don’t have much of a life. I really enjoy my work a lot. I think the film set is a place where I feel most comfortable. If I had more energy, I would work even more,” she explains.

Talking about how her parents have been a huge support system for her, Tamannaah says, “My folks are extremely supportive. I don’t think I could have done this without my family. They really get the fact that I am so passionate about my work. I live with them and a cute little puppy. That’s my world.”