Shilpa is slowly (and literally) getting back on her feet!
Shilpa Shetty Kundra talks about her recovery path till now
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 6, 2022)

For Shilpa Shetty Kundra, everything went for a toss a while back when she sustained an injury to her leg on the sets of her forthcoming web show, directed by Rohit Shetty. While the actor kept her fans up-to-date on her recovery via social media, she took a partial leave of absence from work. But now, she is back on her feet, literally! 

Kundra tells us that she managed to fulfil one of her professional commitments while she was wheelchair bound. “The organizers of the said event shifted it close to my home, so I went in my wheelchair and kept up my commitment. I always look at things from the point of view that everything happens for the best,” the 47-year-old says, adding that she wanted to set an example for her children, Viaan, 10, and Samisha, two, that whatever happens in life, one’s work ethics should always be upheld. 

“That is why I worked through other tough times [earlier] as well. This time, everyone [at home] thought that mujhe nazar lag gayi, but I wanted to look at it as bala tal gayi. Maybe something worse was going to happen, and God just gave me an injury,” the actor says with gratitude in her voice. 

The silver lining to this tough phase has been her getting to spend time with her children. She also celebrated Navratri with full fervour. “Thanks to my fitness, I am getting better. Otherwise, these six weeks could have become six months!” concludes the actor, who is eager to return to work with gusto.