‘IMPORTANT TO COME HOME FOR DIWALI’
Actor Bhumi Pednekar is glad to make it in time for Diwali as she has been away from home for many months
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 23, 2022)

Bhumi Pednekar is ecstatic that she could wrap up her London schedule just in time to celebrate Diwali at her home in Mumbai, as that is what she needed after an intense work year. 

“Diwali, like other festivals, is extremely special to me; it is one of my favourites. Luckily, I got an opportunity where I could wrap up my shoot on time to celebrate the festival at home,” says the actor, who was shooting for Mere Husband Ki Biwi in the UK. 

The Raksha Bandhan actor recently threw a pre-Diwali bash for her friends from the fraternity, but on the day of the festival, it is all about famjam. The 33-year-old shares, “Diwali makes me extremely nostalgic. It’s the time where we (family) all go out and just spread festive cheer. Also, since it is my favourite festival, it is very important for me to come back home every Diwali. I’ll be chilling with my close ones. It has been a very intense and hectic year for me. I have literally come back home after many, many months. So, I am going to stay in, perform Diwali puja, relish good food, get ready and click pictures.” 

About family rituals, she says, “After my mum, sister and I decorate our home using eco-friendly elements, we perform a simple Lakshmi Puja. My life has been really hectic these last few years, so sharing my gratitude, expressing thanks, and sharing my happiness in a family ritual and through prayer is special.”

The actor lastly adds that she is really happy that there is a sense of normalcy in Diwali celebrations since the pandemic.