THIS is the song Neeti Mohan sang for husband Nihaar Pandya when they first met

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; September 28, 2022)

Singer Neeti Mohan will soon be seen as a judge on singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs Season 9. Even though she has been a judge earlier, this is the first time that she will be judging kids. Neeti, who has been a reality show contestant in the the past, says, “Since I participated in a singing show Popstars (2003) myself, I understand what contestants go through. When I see them, I recall my own journey.”

Talking about it further, she says, “I’m from Delhi and I remember standing in a queue for hours to get an opportunity to sing. I’ve come a long way since then — I’ve sung for films, independent music and done so much more. I want to continue doing good work. I believe if one follows their heart, they can achieve their dreams.”

Neeti and her husband Nihar Pandya welcomed their son Aryaveer in June last year. She says, “I got pregnant during the lockdown. The silver lining was that my pregnancy went smoothly and I was relaxed during my postpartum period as well. So, I could resume work within three months. I was also travelling for my gigs, taking my son along whenever it was possible.”

Neeti says she wants to balance her work and home because both are important to her. “I finish my work and run to my baby to spend time with him. This is a crucial time when I have to be with my child because he needs me. Becoming a mother is such a beautiful feeling and I feel empowered. To be a mother and a musician is a fulfilling journey for me.”

Motherhood has changed her in many ways, she says. “After becoming a mother, I’ve definitely changed in a good way. And since I’m a mother now, I think the way I will deal with kids on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs will be different because I have become more sensitive. I will be empathetic towards them,” she shares.