Falguni Pathak wishes she could take legal action
BOMBAY TIMES (September 25, 2022)

Seems like Falguni Pathak is not happy with Neha Kakkar’s recreation of her iconic song Maine Payal Hai Chhankai. Falguni, the original singer behind the ’90s hit track, reshared fans’ posts on her Instagram Story, indirectly showing her disapproval of Neha’s version, titled O Sajna.

“How long you can go Neha Kakkar? Stop ruining our old classics for us. Falguni Pathak is the OG. Stop with it already (sic),” one of the posts shared on Falguni’s Instagram story read.

The original song was released in 1999 and it featured actor Vivan Bhatena and Nikhila Palat. The song was played out as a puppet show in a college fest and was a massive hit. The new version was unveiled recently.

When an entertainment news portal asked if she is planning on taking the legal route, Falguni said, “I wish I could but the rights are not with me.” When asked if the makers or Kakkar tried to reach out to her, Falguni said, “No. ”

In what looked like a response to the online hate, Kakkar wrote on her social media, “For those who are so unhappy seeing me happy and successfull, I feel sorry for them. . . If talking in such a manner, saying such bad things about me, abusing me, makes them feel good, and if they think it’ll ruin my day, then I’m sorry to inform them that I’m too blessed to have bad days (sic). ”
-----------------------------
HINDUSTAN TIMES (September 25, 2022)

Singer Falguni Pathak has broken her silence on singer Neha Kakkar’s rendition of her iconic song Maine Payal Hai Chhankai. As several fans criticized Kakkar for her recently released single O Sajna, claiming she “ruined” the original, Pathak, reshared many of these posts on her own social media, expressing her unhappiness over the remake as well.

Talking about taking the legal route, Pathak told Pinkvilla, “I wish I could but the rights are not with me.”

However, the Saawan Mein singer shared that she is “overwhelmed and touched” with all the love the original has received. “I feel overwhelmed and touched on receiving so much love from all over for the song, so had to share their feelings,” the 53-year-old added.

When further prodded if the makers or Kakkar tried to reach out to her after seeing her Insta Stories, Pathak answered, “No.”

Meanwhile, Kakkar also took to Instagram Stories to address the backlash. She wrote, “For those who’re unhappy seeing me happy and successful, I feel sorry for them. Bechaare… Plz keep commenting. I won’t even delete them.”

Falguni Pathak wishes she could take legal action