Power Couple, Delnaaz Irani, Percy Karkaria, Actress Delnaaz Irani, Rajeev Paul, Arbaaz Khan, Malaika Arora Khan, Sony Entertainment Television channel's show, entertainment news
Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; September 18, 2022)

Your 50th birthday calls for a grand celebration. However, after a few pre-birthday get-togethers with family and friends in the city, Delnaaz Irani chose to jet off to London to celebrate the day (September 4), with her brother, Porus, and his family. She had initially planned to travel with her beau Percy Karkaria, but his visa wasn’t approved in time. A heartbroken Delnaaz was all set to cancel her plan but went on a solo trip at Percy’s insistence.

She says, “Percy and I had been working on the plan for almost a year and he applied for a long leave in advance to travel with me. When everything seemed in place, our plan hit a major roadblock, as Percy’s visa didn’t arrive. I was clear about not travelling without him. But he insisted that I stuck to our plan and that he would follow me when his visa gets approved. I was quite uncomfortable about the prospect of travelling alone but he encouraged me to ‘fly solo’. He wanted me to have a good time and make my 50th birthday memorable. Of course, I missed him on my birthday. ”

Little did she know that he would surprise her by landing in London unannounced two weeks later. Delnaaz tells us, “The surprise has been overwhelming. I had almost given up on the idea of him being here but my prayers have been answered. This is the best birthday gift ever!”

Turning 50 also doubles upas an opportunity to reflect on life and approach it with a renewed perspective. In her previous interviews, she said that she might surprise everyone by marrying Percy on her 50th birthday.

So, what happened to the plan, we ask? “I think marriage is overrated,” she says, adding, “I feel shy and nervous whenever people ask me about it. I’ve gone through many ups and downs. I would often joke with my friends that I may marry and surprise them on my 50th birthday but I guess I shouldn’t mince words anymore. As a couple, Percy and I are happy the way we are and we don’t need to sign a document to seal our relationship. We have been fortunate to get each other’s love. We may have found love again but that doesn’t mean we marry twice. Percy and my family are fine with this decision of mine.”