I feel like I am being  pigeonholed, says Rohit Saraf
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 3, 2022)

Known for his chocolate boy image, Rohit Saraf has a strong fan base. But the actor feels he is being typecast, and that’s something he is trying to wriggle out of. “I feel like I am being stereotyped or pigeonholed,” Saraf says, adding that he understands the reason behind it. “The producers and directors don’t see me as somebody who can play a heartland part. It is also because of the way I look, carry myself, speak and the kinds of parts I have done before… they have all been urban. While the characters were different, they all come under one umbrella, which is urban,” he says.

After featuring in Dear Zindagi (2016), Saraf went on to do projects such as Hichki (2018), The Sky Is Pink (2019), Ludo (2020), Mismatched and Feels Like Ishq. Referring to these outings, the 25-year-old shares, “They (filmmakers and audiences) have seen me in urban roles. If I keep feeding them with that kind of content, they will end up imagining me in just that. Having said that, I hope I can change that (the perception) with Vikram Vedha (his upcoming film). It (his role) is something I have not done before. I am keen to see how the audience and filmmakers receive it.”

With every step in the industry, he is fulfilling his dreams, and the actor admits that he is daring to see bigger ones now. “It might sound cliché, but every single project that I am choosing to be a part of or I am getting to be a part of is teaching me something,” Saraf ends.