I have grown stronger, learnt to deal with failures

Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 20, 2022)

Sonu Sood admits that he can now deal with setbacks and box-office failures in a much better way, compared to the initial days of his career. The actor, who has spent over two decades in the film industry, was seen as Chand Bardai in Samrat Prithviraj recently and the period drama’s dismal box-office performance did hurt him. “I wish the film had done better. As an actor, you have to give your best and leave the rest to the Almighty. You have to keep doing good work,” says Sood, who is looking forward to his upcoming action-thriller, Fateh.

So, how differently does he deal with setbacks now? “I have grown stronger on that front. Initially, I would feel bad that a film didn’t work despite so much hard work. I still feel bad, but with time and experience, you become wiser and learn to deal with failures,” the 49-year-old shares.

Talking about Samrat Prithviraj that didn’t do well in theatres, Sood says it was satisfying when people lauded it after it released on OTT. “I got a lot of compliments. I met some kids from Telangana, who shaved their heads, as they were inspired by my character. I feel proud to have been a part of the film,” the actor ends.