‘Do I want to work with a hero over 50? Maybe not right now’

Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 29, 2022)

Actor Avika Gor is all set to step into Hindi cinema with filmmakers Mahesh Bhatt and Vikram Bhatt’s 1920: Horror Of The Hearts. But this isn’t her first stint in films. She has dabbled in Telugu and Kannada movies before, and has learnt the ropes of the trade. The 25-year-old adds that there are many boxes one has to tick before agreeing to do a project. “I want the producer to be at a certain level so that I know the film will be released,” she emphasizes and adds that even the technical team matters a lot to her.

“There are, for example, good editors, so then that trust factor comes in. I remember choosing movies just because of my gut feeling, since I thought it was a great film. But I was made to realise that I needed to see if everything else was falling into place. Do I want to work with a hero over 50? Maybe not. Maybe right now it doesn’t fit into my career. Maybe that will happen later. I haven’t personally focused on it much, but I completely understand [why] a lot of people [might do so], because at the end of the day, this is how we all earn our bread and butter,” explains Gor, who was recently seen in the Telugu movie, Thank You.

Ask her where money ranks on her list of priorities when signing a project, and the Care Of Footpath 2 star says, “If you look at my work and the films I have done, I have actually worked with a lot of new producers, fresh directors and fresh heroes. I trusted them with the content and story that they had. I genuinely believe that money and everything will keep happening, because at the end of the day, this industry has a lot of budgets for actors.”