I AM YET TO FULLY EARN MY FAME, SAYS JANHVI

Janhvi Kapoor doesn’t fully credit herself for her popularity, says most of it is due to her mum and dad
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 24, 2022)

Actor Janhvi Kapoor has been under the spotlight for the last 25 years, which is practically her entire life. While early on, it was just the fact that she is late actor Sridevi and producer Boney Kapoor’s daughter, the attention she received intensified when she made her Hindi film debut with Dhadak (2018).

Janhvi says she is “fully aware” of the privileged position she comes from and admits that she hasn’t fully earned the attention she gets. “There was a certain amount of attention I have always been privy to, because of my parents. And, I think even now, 75% of the attention I get is because of what they did in their careers,” says the Good Luck Jerry actor.

The 25-year-old has over 18 million followers on social media, but she doesn’t entirely credit herself for her popularity. Ask how she handles the fame, and Janhvi says, “I have been used to it for so long, but I have never taken the ownership of it and I am yet to earn it. I feel I will be able to answer questions about handling fame better once I feel jo bhi attention mil rahi hai, jo tareef kar rahe hain ya buraiyaan kar rahe hain, woh sirf isiliye hain kyunki maine yeh attention apne dum pe kamaya hai, which I don’t think I can say as yet.”

Though she admits that she is flattered by the attention, the intense scrutiny does get to Janhvi, at times. “It gets a bit much, but I get to do what I love to do (acting), so that’s not a big deal. More than anyone, my father has seen it all — the highs and lows,” she ends.