Mahhi Vij-Jay Bhanusali file FIR against their cook for threatening to kill their family

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; July 2, 2022)

Mahhi Vij recently shared on Twitter that her cook abused her and her husband Jay Bhanushali and threatened to kill them and their daughter Tara. The couple has filed a police complaint against the cook.

When we spoke to Mahhi about it, she said, “We had hired him through an agent, and he worked at our home just for three days. The agent said he is good at his work and the cook, too, told us that he had a kid to look after and needed a job. Usually, I am more comfortable hiring a female help, but I thought he was in need and has a child, so as parents, we felt we should hire him.”

Apparently, from the first day, he started turning off the cameras in the house. Mahhi said, “We told him not to do that. At that time, Jay doubted his intention, but we let it pass. The next day, Tara’s nanny saw him opening my purse and peeking into it. She informed me and I asked him why he did that. He lied to me, saying he didn’t open my bag and got a little argumentative, so I called Jay, who was in the gym at that time. Jay immediately returned home, gave him his dues and asked him to go. He started abusing. Jay didn’t want it to get ugly, so we asked the security to take him away.”

She says he later made a drunk call to her and started abusing her on the phone. She said, “He started abusing and said he would kill my family and me for removing him from the job. He said he would bring people from his hometown and kill us with a khanjar.”

Mahhi said, “I recorded the call and approached the Oshiwara police, after which an FIR was filed against him on June 29. They have caught him now, but his family called us saying they will get him released on bail. I went to the police yesterday and explained that it is unsafe for us. I almost cried at the police station.”

Mahhi and Jay are leaving for London for work for four days, and she is worried about leaving her three-year-old daughter Tara behind in such a situation. She added, “I was planning to leave Tara at my mother’s place or my best friend’s home, but I am worried now.”

When we contacted Oshiwara police, an official said, “He has been arrested under Sections 506 and 509 of IPC and further investigation is on.”