Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; July 10, 2022)

Adah Sharma says that though she is known for her bubbly personality, playing a woman in uniform has always fascinated her. The actress got an opportunity to essay a police officer in the Commando franchise and now, she gets to don the khaki for her untitled film opposite Shreyas Talpade. “You feel a sense of responsibility when you wear the police uniform for a role,” says Adah, who promises that her character is poles apart from the one in the Commando franchise.

She adds, “While I played a corrupt inspector with a comic streak in the Commando franchise, this time around, the role is the polar opposite. So, the joy here was not just playing a police officer, but pursuing the character differently. This is a cat-and-mouse game between the antagonist (Shreyas Talpade) and me.” 

The actress is currently shooting for the project, directed by Vishal Pandya, in Bhopal.

On the work front, Adah is looking forward to more projects that will see her in lead roles. “I am excited to be in this phase of my career where I am getting to play meatier characters that challenge me. My forthcoming projects include a biopic and a film where I get to play something that I am sure nobody in Bollywood has attempted before… I can’t reveal much, but there are a lot of interesting projects coming up,” she signs off.