I can go out and work, my son doesn’t feel I am ignoring him

Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 6, 2022)

Shilpa Shetty Kundra has been taking up one project after the other. The 47-year-old has Sukhee, which is a solo affair, and Rohit Shetty’s web show Indian Police Force to look forward to. When Kundra returned from filming in Chandigarh for the Sonal Joshi directorial, she met with Shetty to talk about the series. Kundra then told her son about it.

“Viaan loves Rohit’s films. I asked him, ‘How am I going to do this?’ He jumped on the bed, and said, ‘Mumma, don’t worry about us, you have to do this!’ He said this to me. He’s just 10,” exclaims the actor, who credits her two children, Viaan, 10, and Samisha, 2, for encouraging her to go out and work.

“My son doesn’t feel that I am ignoring him, and I can go out there and work. Someone sent a Wonder Woman crown. My son picked it up and said, ‘Mumma, you should wear it’. My son is so filmy, it’s worth it,” Kundra shares.

Talking more about her children, the actor shares, “My son is a rockstar; my daughter is a chatterbox and a full-on mumma’s girl. She came in just a month before Covid-19 hit the world. After that, I was home, bathing her, teaching her the alphabets... I did everything. I have become so attached to them. Now, if you ask her where her mother is, she says, ‘Shooting’.”