Blessed that I don’t have  to worry about food or  rent, says Sikandar

Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 4, 2022)

Sikandar Kher might be enjoying the current phase of his career, especially after Aarya, but there have been times when the actor didn’t have any work. And he admits that he is privileged enough, economically, to not get frustrated by the lack of work.

“I am very blessed, that where I was born, I don’t have to worry about food on my plate or rent… I am lucky these things are looked after for me,” says the 40-year-old, who is the son of actor Kirron Kher and her first husband, businessman Gautam Berry, and the stepson of actor Anupam Kher.

Sikandar, who began his career with Woodstock Villa (2008), adds, “Of course, there have been phases where I didn’t have work for two-three years. But then, it was a very different time. There was not much work earlier.”

Thankful for the web boom, which led to more work opportunities for everyone, he expresses, “My father (Anupam) always used to say ‘kaam karo; kaam se kaam milta hai’.”

Would he call this the one mantra he relies on? “I can’t say that. There are amazing pieces of advice everywhere. Career is a small portion of life. You should find peace within yourself. Baki everything will be fine, bhagwaan ne bahut diya hai life mein,” he ends.