Sushmita hits back at trolls, earns celebs’ support
BOMBAY TIMES (July 19, 2022)

Days after Lalit Modi and Sushmita Sen made their relationship public, the actress took to Instagram to hit back at detractors, who have been commenting on the couple’s relationship.

In a lengthy post on her social media handle, Sushmita wrote, “Perfectly centred in my being and my conscience. . . I love how nature merges all it’s creation to experience oneness. . . and just how divided we are, when we break that balance. It’s heartbreaking to see just how miserable and unhappy the world around us is becoming. The so called intellectuals with their idiosyncrasies. . . the ignorant with their cheap and at times funny gossip. The friends I never had and the acquaintances I’ve never met. . . all sharing their grand opinions and deep knowledge of my life and character. . . monetising the ‘Gold Digger’ all the way! Ah, these geniuses!!! (sic). ”

She further wrote, “I dig deeper than gold. . . and I’ve always (famously) preferred diamonds!! And yes, I still buy them myself!!! I love the all heart support my well wishers and loved ones continue to extend. Please know, your Sush is absolutely fine. . . cause I’ve never lived on the transient borrowed light of approval and applause. I am the Sun. . . perfectly centred in my being and my conscience!! (sic). ”
------------------------------------------
HINDUSTAN TIMES (July 19, 2022)

Actor Sushmita Sen, who took to Instagram to slam those who referred to her as a “gold digger” after businessman Lalit Modi revealed that they are dating, received love and support from many of her peers. Fellow actors Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Ranveer Singh, Neha Dhupia commented on her post to showcase their support for her.

While Jonas wrote, “Tell em Queen!”, Dhupia added, “Sush!” with a fire and heart emoji. Similarly, Singh also dropped a heart emoji in the comments section of the post.

On Sunday, Sen posted a picture from her recent Maldives vacation, as she stood inside an infinity pool, with her back towards the camera. In the photo, the 46-year-old wore a black swimsuit and tied her hair into a bun, and captioned the post, “Perfectly centred in my being & my conscience…I love how nature merges all it’s creation to experience oneness…and just how divided we are, when we break that balance. (sic).”

The actor continued, “It’s heartbreaking to see just how miserable & unhappy the world around us is becoming….The so called intellectuals with their idiosyncrasies….the ignorant with their cheap & at times funny gossip. The friends I never had & the acquaintances I’ve never met….all sharing their grand opinions & deep knowledge of my life & character…monetising the ‘Gold Digger’ all the way!!! Ah these geniuses!!! (sic)”

She concluded the note saying, “I dig deeper than Gold…and I’ve always (famously) preferred Diamonds!! And yes I still buy them myself!!! I love the all heart support my well wishers & loved ones continue to extend. Please know, your Sush is Absolutely fine.. cause I’ve never lived on the transient borrowed light of approval & applause. I am the Sun….perfectly centred in my being and my conscience!!”
------------------------------------------
I CAN PROUDLY SAY THAT MY SISTER IS A SELF-MADE WOMAN: RAJEEV SEN

Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; July 19, 2022)

Reacting to the cacophony around Sushmita’s relationship with Lalit Modi, Rajeev says, “A lot of negative things have been said about my sister regarding her current pictures with Mr Modi. I can proudly say that my sister is a self-made woman. She knows her priorities, she is a responsible mother and a role model for many Indians. Nothing can take that away from her. Also, whatever my sister had to say, she has done that through her Instagram posts.”

Sushmita hits back at trolls, earns celebs’ support