Not agreeing for excessive bold scenes has left limited options for me: Erica

Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 4, 2022)

It’s been over six months since actor Erica Fernandes has been looking for her next project, and she admits that finding a way around the excessive demand for intimate scenes in projects has been quite a challenge for her. “Right now, all kinds of projects from the TV and OTT world are coming my way, but I am limiting my options, because I don’t want to do something that I am not comfortable with. I am not willing to do extremely bold scenes,” Fernandes tells us.

She continues, “Most of the roles that I have been offered have that kind of content. I am comfortable performing intimate scenes up to a certain level. But right now, the requirements for such things are above my limit.”

Here, the actor asserts that she has nothing against people who do bold scenes for the camera. “Some people are comfortable doing such scenes. But I am not,” she shares, adding that she has started feeling a lot of pressure from her fans to take on a project. “They ask why I am not taking up shows. But the thing is, if I am not comfortable and convinced [with the script and scenes], I won’t be able to perform and give my 100%,” confesses the Kuch Rang Pyaar Ke Aise Bhi actor.

The 29-year-old is clear about the nature of her next project. “The content that I am looking to do is very different from what I am being offered. So, my search is still on,” the actor ends.