Heard Of John Abraham's 'School Crush Story' Yet?

Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; June 22, 2022)

John Abraham, who has featured in a variety of films in his career spanning almost two decades, has also backed an interesting mix of films as a producer. He has been able to strike a balance between commercial and content-driven cinema while donning the two hats. While he is willing to explore the OTT medium as a producer, as an actor, he wants to stick to the big screen.

He says, “As a producer, I love the OTT space. I would love to make films for the medium and cater to that audience. But as an actor, I am very clear that I want to be on the big screen. I am a big-screen hero and that is where I want to be seen. At this point, I will do films that cater to the big screen. I would find it offensive if someone shut off my film midway on a tablet because they needed to rush to the washroom. Also, I would not like to be available for Rs. 299 or Rs. 499. I have a problem with it.”

John has been a part of two action-heavy franchises Force and Satyameva Jayate. The sequel to Satyameva Jayate saw him attempt a triple role for the first time. By his own admission, Force is a franchise that is close to his heart. “I am eager to do Force 3, which I feel should be more powerful than the previous instalments. The film is close to my heart and I’d like to take the franchise ahead,” he says.