WAHAN JAAKE AAG LAGANI HAI WAS MY THOUGHT: HINA

Hina Khan, who is back from Cannes, talks about her experience at the prestigious film festival
Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 1, 2022)

“This time, Cannes was tiring yet worth it,” says actor Hina Khan about her second appearance at the recently concluded 75th Cannes Film Festival. She adds, “A lot more preparation was put in than the last time. The festival was happening after two years in a normal manner... It felt like a mela. My 2019 visit was amazing, but this year was wonderful too.”

The actor admits that there was a lot of pressure regarding her red carpet look. “I was nervous as my previous red carpet looks were loved by all. Moreover, knowing that there were so many celebs there this time added to the pressure. I wanted to look different from the last time and chose a dramatic look. But I also knew that it was about your own charm and, wahan jaake aag lagani hai, was my thought. I walked [only] once, and I was too tired with just one (laughs). Thankfully, it was well received. Those five minutes on the carpet are magical,” she shares.

Aside from her stylish outings, the 34-year-old also made news for airing her views about not being at the India Pavilion. In an interview, she stated that she was disheartened that she was not part of the inaugural event.

Talking about it, she says, “It wasn’t planned. I was asked a question, and I spoke up. I’ve been vocal about things, and I will always be. I wasn’t in Cannes for a TV show but a film poster launch, so I didn’t understand why this happened. But, after that interview, I was invited to the India Pavilion and even to the screening of (actor-director, R) Madhavan’s film, but it was on the day of my walk and I had to skip.”