Praveen Tyagarajan and M Suganth (BOMBAY TIMES; May 24, 2022)

Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap is returning to Tamil films after four years. In his last outing, he played a deadly villain in Imaikaa Nodigal. This time, Anurag shot for the pre-climax sequence of One 2 One, an action thriller, in Chennai.

Sharing details about the shoot and Anurag’s role, the film’s director, Thirugnanam, said, “Anurag sir plays the villain in the film. Since I had a director-actor playing my hero (Tamil filmmaker-actor Sundar), I wanted another filmmaker, who is also an actor, to play the villain’s role. I had spoken to a couple of director-turned-actors, but their dates weren’t available. Sundar sir and I were discussing our next step, which is when Anurag sir’s name popped up.”

When we reached out to Anurag, he said, “It’s been a great experience shooting for the film — very quick and flexible. We shot for a sequence in which my character follows the protagonist around in the Metro station. I’m looking forward to the film.”