Rashmika: To grab eyeballs even before my B’wood debut feels motivating
Juhi Chakraborty (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 25, 2022)

She is yet to make her Bollywood debut, but actor Rashmika Mandanna is already a popular name among Hindi film lovers, thanks to her hit South outings such as Bheeshma (2020), Sulthan and Pushpa: The Rise - Part 01 (both 2021) that earned praise across the country. She will soon be seen in big Hindi projects such as Goodbye with actor Amitabh Bachchan, Animal starring Ranbir Kapoor and Mission Majnu with actor Sidharth Malhotra.

Does she feel any pressure ahead of her Bollywood debut, given the solid fan base? “To grab eyeballs even before my [Bollywood] work has come out feels really motivating. I don’t want to look at it as pressure. I will have my way into their (Hindi film lovers’) hearts with my work,” she says.

Calling 2022 a big year for her, Mandanna says, “I am really excited. Each passing year is bigger for me than the previous one, but 2022 is a different ball game altogether, with so many amazing things (films) coming up.”

Since the year is significant, the goals for the 26-year-old are also quite big. “My one [major] goal, at the moment, is to keep entertaining my fans and give back as much love as they shower on me. I also wish to accomplish the fitness goals that I have set for myself,” she ends.