THE PROJECTS
YOU SAY NO TO
SHAPE YOUR
CAREER: KARAN

Actor Karan Tacker on how waiting for the right project is the key to surviving in the industry
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 9, 2022)

In an industry where being ‘seen’ is critical, Karan Tacker says he has been an “extremely patient” guy. Three daily soaps later, the actor stopped taking up fiction shows. He focused on hosting and reality shows, and then explored OTT. “That is the one thing I have always gotten as advice. And I have always heard people say that the game is all about the wait,” he says.

The 35-year-old continues, “It is the projects you say no to that really end up shaping your career. Somewhere I realised that the way I have dealt with my career, had I said yes to a whole lot of things back then, maybe I wouldn’t have been in the place that I am today.”

This is why he didn’t take up just about any TV or film offer that came his way. “I am very patient for my next projects. Fortunately, I have shot for the most aspirational project I have been a part of. As long as I can do quality work, the quantum of it doesn’t matter. Agar quantum kaam hi karna hai, toh phir TV pe bhi kar sakte hain,” adds Tacker, who was seen in Special OPS and Special OPS 1.5.

Before his statement is misconstrued, the actor is quick to clarify, “Obviously, it can be misconstrued that ‘you are not giving respect to TV’, but the thing is, it is a choice you make as an actor for your career. It just somehow stems from that.”