‘KGF’ Heroine Glamour Photos went Viral..!
Sunayana Suresh (BOMBAY TIMES; April 14, 2022)

It has been a journey that most newcomers would have wished to be a part of, and former Miss Supranational Srinidhi Shetty is thrilled that it is her journey. Being the leading lady of KGF - Chapter 2, a franchise that has piqued the curiosity of film buffs nationally, she can’t wait to watch the film in cinema halls like the rest of the audience. Excerpts from an interview...

Director Prashanth Neel said at the trailer launch that you have a bigger role to play in the second part...
Yes, you will get to see a lot more of Reena in Chapter 2 than in the previous one. She didn’t have much scope in that story, but you get to see different shades of her character here and how she is important to the plot and the hero’s life. You get to see that arc and I hope people connect with her character and emotions.

You began your showbiz journey with KGF. It has been over half a decade, an experience not many newcomers get...
This feels similar to being in the same school or institution throughout. I have been with the team for six years. So, whether it is professional or personal, we have that bond. I feel sad when I think that I will not get to hear Prashanth say action, or will not be able to walk into the set. I will miss the cricket games, chit-chatting, banter with my director of photography, Bhuvan Gowda. I was a kid when I came on board. I remember seeing Prashanth and Bhuvan back then, probably a little less confident. Six years down the line, everyone’s so much more confident and I have grown. We have all seen each other’s journey, which is what will ensure this bond. I know that all these people are always a call away.

The frenzy around the second part is a lot more. How do you feel when you see the film get this kind of love and support?
While promoting Chapter 1, we just had a press conference in Mumbai. But now, the reception is overwhelming. Yash is already a star and has a huge fan base, but I am a beginner and I always take a step back and look at the fans going crazy, like an audience member. It is overwhelming to see how eagerly people were waiting for this movie. I take a lot of pride that I am a part of this film which is creating history.

The wait for the release has been long, have you moved on to your next film?
Yes, the wait for the release and seeing it on screen has been long. My next film, Cobra, is also lined up for release. Following that, I need to wait and see. Showbiz does come with uncertainty, so one might have done the best film, but one may not get anything after that. I just hope good projects come my way.