The Delhi girl is set to play the lead opposite Ravi Teja in the period drama Tiger Nageswara Rao
Suhas Yellapantula (BOMBAY TIMES; April 4, 2022)

When Gayatri Bharadwaj attended a fancy dress competition in her pre-school at the age of five, she decided to dress up as Miss India. Gayatri was so enamoured by the world of showbiz even as a child, she knew she’d grow up to be an actor someday.

Born and raised in Delhi, Gayatri studied dentistry before pursuing a career in modelling and acting. “I truly believe in the power of dreams. So far, whatever I’ve dreamt of has come true. I feel like it’s the power of the universe that has made it happen for me,” says Gayatri, who was crowned Femina Miss India United Continents 2018.

Gayatri, who is managed by Times Talent, will now be featuring in her first pan-India film opposite Tollywood star Ravi Teja. Directed by Vamsee, the film is titled Tiger Nageswara Rao and is bankrolled by Abhishek Agarwal.

The movie, which was officially launched on Saturday, will be releasing in five languages, and marks Gayatri’s debut in the south. The actress says she’s excited to work with Tollywood’s Mass Maharaja. “I’m thrilled to be a part of Tollywood. The love that people here have already bestowed on me has been overwhelming. The audience has been so welcoming although I’m new here. So I’m very grateful for that. Moreover, it’s great to be a part of Ravi Teja’s first pan-India film,” she says, excitedly.

A period drama set in Andhra Pradesh of the 70s, the film is based on the story of Tiger Nageswara Rao, a bandit from Stuartpuram who was known as a messiah of the poor. “The film is based on a real story. Ravi Teja plays Tiger Nageswara Rao, and I play his love interest and wife in the film. I’ll be totally stepping out of my comfort zone to play a rustic villager. There will be no make-up or glamour. But I’m here to showcase my ability as an actor, and the best way to grow is when you step out of your comfort zone,” says Gayatri.

The actress says she will be spending the next couple of months prepping for her role in the film. “I’m going to be learning Telugu by the time I go on sets, ’cos I want to understand whatever everybody is saying around me. I feel it will help me act better. I can’t wait to get started,” she says, adding, “It’s exciting to start my Tollywood career with such a unique character, and I look forward to bringing more thrilling characters to life as I start a new journey in the industry.”