A unique concept: Juhi Parmar to play lead in Hamariwali Good News

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; April 22, 2022)

Juhi Parmar never holds back, she freely expresses her opinions on various issues on social media. Recently, the actress sparked off a debate when she said that some women were dressing in a way which was as good as undressing. She didn’t take any names, but shared a series of questions pertaining to this topic and asked her followers to share their opinions.

When we asked Juhi what prompted her to do this, she said, “When you scroll through social media, there are always a handful of posts which have girls not dressed in the best manner. Wearing a bikini on a beach is fine, but why does one need to flaunt a bikini all the time? In fact, there are some people who I will not name, but who have literally taken to the streets with absolute minimal clothing. I understand that we are living in a generation where one can wear what they want to, but there has to be some kind of a line drawn.”

Didn’t she fear being dubbed intrusive or regressive for her stand? She said, “I was always prepared for people calling me regressive, and even using terms like aunty and old-fashioned, but I really want to question what modernism actually means. Is dressing hideously or inappropriate dressing only considered being modern? I am not being judgemental, but are plunging necklines and skimpy clothing required all the time?”

She added, “Some people online even said that if I had that kind of body, I may have also done the same, but I would like to tell them that even when I was a 17-year-old with the best body, I never did such a thing. Also, getting into that shape even today is not tough for me. I can work on it, but I will still not do anything of that sort. ”