Why Ahan doesn’t want dad Suniel to make a film for him
Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 28, 2022)

Star kids getting a dream launch with the support of their actor parents is not a new phenomenon in the Hindi film industry. But actor Ahan Shetty didn’t want his first film to be bankrolled by his father, actor Suniel Shetty. In fact, the actor, who marked his debut with Tadap last year, insists that he doesn’t want his dad to produce a film for him in the initial years of his career.

“I don’t think I would want to put that kind of pressure on my father. I feel when you are working with family, you tend to lose that sense of professionalism because you want to do everything right by them and agree with them. I don’t want the line between relationships and professional life to get blurred,” says the actor.

However, he is quick to add that he looks forward to collaborating with him someday. “In the future, if my father wants to be a producer on a film I’m working on, I would love that. But at this moment, it’s best that my family doesn’t get involved in what I am doing,” he says.

Hailing from a family of actors comes with its own perks, and Ahan agrees to it. But while he seeks his family’s creative inputs, especially from his father and sister, actor Athiya Shetty, on the offers that come his way, films do not form a big part of the conversation at home.

“I go to them with scripts since they are in the same fraternity as me. But that’s not the only thing we talk about. In fact, we try to talk about the film industry as less as possible. It’s important for us to not bring work home,” the 26-year-old signs off.